BM/AE for Horizon Services Company is a critical position in the Horizon’s growth towards a
national leader in facilities services by developing janitorial sales to critical mass as position
transitions to executive function.
This position is fulltime, salary, commission, profit sharing. This position calls upon building owners,
corporate decision makers, property management, asset managers. Services offered and sold by
this position include: contract janitorial services, construction final cleaning & painting and brokering
of all related facilities services and products. Services are all complimentary and serve to strengthen
ties with prospects, customers and Horizon’s vendors. Success of this position is defined by
establishing of new business relationships and leveraging current relationships for future
relationships and additional sales to meet annual sales goals
Job Responsibilities initial:
- Obtain customer contracts and sales orders to meet or exceed historical sales pipelines for Account
- Manage sales pipeline for blend of prospects (small, medium and large)
- Maintaining precustomer relationships to fill sales pipeline
- Call, email, fax, live prospect, network for contacts in order to get an appointment to view buildings,
- submit proposals to fill sales pipeline.
- Conduct a minimum amount of weekly sales presentations
- Prepare proposals for new clients. Review proposals with Sales or Operations Manager.
- Maintain a constant market analysis of existing target areas. Develop trends for future business
- New Customers – Obtain blend of medium to large, multiyear janitorial contracts
- Future customers – Grow current and future customer portfolio by continually strengthen ties with
- corporate and building owner community
- Sales Forecasting – Self reporting. Providing accurate and timely reports including forecasts and
- activities. Customer & Prospect Contact key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Be familiar with latest industry changes and developments, including regulatory changes and trends
- that impact sales of Horizon’s services.
- Branch manager Responsibility for branch office; operation hiring & supervision, sales, P&L
- responsibility. Operations supported until revenues dictate. All administration from headquarters.
Note: This is a summary of responsibilities and serves to illustrate but does not encompass all job
responsibilities. Any or all responsibilities subject to change.
- Compliance responsibilities:
- Complete all new account documentation.
- Report to President & Sales Manager on Tuesdays
- Prepare special instructions and maps for field personnel as required
- Work closely with Manager/VP of Operations during account startup and first months of learning to
- create pricing & operations for customers.
- College degree (BA or BS)
- Minimum of 1 year of commercial sales experience
- Strong telephone skills
- Track record for sales
- Strategic thinking skills, situational analysis, potential problem/opportunity analysis and decision
- analysis to ensure longterm growth
- Google Apps, Salesforce or other CRM experience
- Background in: Janitorial sales first, industrial sales second
- Willingness to travel: Connecticut and surrounding states
- The best candidate needs to have/be:
- Solution oriented attitude
- Team player with high level of influence and strong management skills, able and willing to be
- assertive when necessary. Displays leadership characteristics when developing relationships with
- Self managed, self motivated work ethic
- Obtain/exceed sales target and goals
- Results oriented
- Ability to develop and maintain longterm relationships
- Current track record of successful business development
- Entrepreneurial spirit
History of Horizon
Horizon Services Company www.horizonsvcs.com is a rapidly growing building maintenance
contractor servicing Fortune 1000 and middle market maintenance accounts in New England.
HORIZON SERVICES CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
EOE :Fulltime, Exempt, Salaried